8.26.2010

Oh Boy

Well, it's been a wild week at our house and there is no slowing down. Last weekend I enjoyed some time away with two friends and without a husband & baby. It was a sweet couple of days. We relaxed, shopped, slept and actually ate a meal with two hands. We were all giddy with excitement the entire trip. I'm so grateful for friends! However, upon my return I came down with a nasty little bug that left me completely unable to function as a human being for about two days - this is why I have been noticeably absent from the blog lately. Thank goodness our families live close by! What would we do without them?!

So...since I've been back on duty Dean has kept me on my toes! Yesterday, was Dean's second bloody incident and I'm certain it won't be his last. His mouth had a little run in with a toy basket which left a gigantic gash on his tongue & a river of blood spewing from behind one of his new front teeth. Like the calm, cool & collected mom that I am, I immediately called Michael at work to ask/yell why wasn't he home already and when would he be home b/c his son was spitting blood all over the place. Genius. Right? So after running aimlessly around the house with a SCREAMING, bloody baby on my hip I put a Popsicle in his mouth & called my mom who talked me down a bit. After about 20 minutes, 27 Popsicles & another bath the bleeding stopped and Dean was on a hard core sugar high. Status as of this morning (after shutting his finger in the cabinet door): Dean is completely fine but, now wants a Popsicles for breakfast. He stood at the freezer this morning and whined. I think I need to man up a bit if I'm going to be a boy mom. Blood, scrapes, stitches, cuts, sweat, broken bones & dirt are going to part of my day to day. Just ONE girl....please God, just give me ONE girl that loves fashion, decorating, shoes, cleanliness, tea parties, volleyball, head bands, jewelry, fur coats & makeup. Please.

Speaking of girls, one of my BEST college friends had her darling daughter on Monday. Charlotte Joy. I am dying to meet her and squeeze her and put a head band on her. She is precious! Jess sent Dean an early birthday present right before she went into labor last week - who does that!? If it wasn't edible, it wasn't on my radar - that was my mindset days before labor! Jess is awesome and Dean stinkin' loves his new bubble mower - thank you my darling friend. Even though he HATES the grass, he still enjoys mowing the back porch. (photos below)

We are headed back out of town this weekend - together, without Dean (gasp!). Stay tuned for some great photos next week!

{A manly moment}

{When the ball goes in the grass he stares at it and refuses to go fetch it}
{Look at this physique. He is the MOST darling butterball}

{We've also recently learned how to kick a ball. Lord help me}
{Nope, I won't do it, Dad}
{Love them both. So handsome}
{This one kills me. I had just told him, no, don't touch that. He glanced at me, smiled and grabbed it. How can you not laugh?}
{Look Camille....PANTS! This might be the first time all summer! ;) }
{The moment before he picked up the keyboard and ripped off the space bar}

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, Sarah! I'm happy to hear about your girl time, but bummed about those sick days! Good luck with that little guy - can't believe there were 27 popsicles involved!! He is too cute!

    And yay for Jess! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post literally made me laugh out loud! Gotta LOVE having a boy! Fingers crossed for a girl...

    ReplyDelete