3.11.2010

The Power of a Praying Parent

My Nanny (Dean's Great-Nanny) recently gave me a Dayspring Calendar called, "The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian. It sits by the computer and each day I flip the card to reveal a Bible verse or thought for the day. These are my favorites so far...

March 4
"Disasters can occur anywhere. The point is to pray and trust God to answer. Things happen when we pray that will not happen when we don't. What might happen, or might not happen , to our children if we don't pray today?"

March 2
"Lord, I lift Dean up to You and ask that You would put a hedge of protection around him. Protect his spirit, body, mind and emotions from and kind of evil or harm. Amen"

Thanks Nan!

2 comments:

  1. So true Sarah. What a great gift from your nanny.

    "Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it."
    John 14:13-14

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love all of stormie's books. great gift and great way to go through your day praying for your little one

    ReplyDelete